The best time of the FBLA year is upon us: Competition! Over the next few weeks, FBLA members across the nation will begin competing to earn a trip to this year’s NLC in San Antonio, Texas. From the local level to the state level, members just like you will be doing their best to stand out in their competitive event. Whether you compete in performance events, or prefer the written tests, preparation is key to doing your best.
- Ask your adviser for help preparing; they’ve been there, done that, and are a great resource
- Make sure you spend an adequate amount of time studying/practicing. You know what they say… Practice makes perfect!
- Get some sleep the night before competition
- Eat a healthy breakfast on the big day– it’ll help you focus
- BE CONFIDENT. After all, if you don’t believe in yourself, why should anyone else?
Now, springtime isn’t just about competition. It’s the perfect time of the year to do a community service project! Here in Missouri, members all over are hard at work on a project called Rooting for Joplin. It’s a statewide community service project to help replant trees in tornado-stricken Joplin, Missouri. Try thinking of a fun way to give back to your community during the spring season. Plant trees, pick up trash, or plan a 5K– the possibilities are endless.
Next week kicks off FBLA-PBL Week! Chapters everywhere will be celebrating our great organization through various activities all week. On Thursday, February 9th, your national officer team encourages you to participate in a project called Service in Sync. Members everywhere will be spending part of their day reading to elementary students as part of a nationally synchronized service project. For more information on what you and your chapter can do this FBLA-PBL Week, download the FBLA-PBL Week Packet, and check back to this blog for daily articles.
So, as you can see, there are many great opportunities for FBLA members this spring. Make sure to take full advantage… After all, ’tis the season!