Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda (FBAL-PBL), along with our fellow Career and Technical Student Organizations (CTSOs), will celebrate CTE Month in February, highlighting the impact of career and technical education (CTE) on student success, workforce development, and the economy across the country.
During February’s CTE Month, our FBLA and PBL chapters nationwide will host a variety of events showcasing their programs and students’ successes to their community, policymakers, and local business leaders. This year’s theme is Careers through Education, emphasizing that CTE creates career pathways and imparts vital employability skills that employers are seeking in a 21st century workforce.
As the American economy recovers, the role of CTE is critically important. CTSO programs, like FBLA-PBL, play a critical role in educating America’s future workforce, preparing students to be college- and career-ready and improving the United State’s economy.
It is our hope that policymakers, educators, and parents understand the critical need for more funding for CTE programs during this month and throughout the year.
How can you show your support for CTE? Check out some tips from FBLA-PBL and the Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE):
- Play the ACTE CTE Month Challenge and win!
- Tell your CTE stories through traditional media with our sample press release
- Spread the word on social networks all month and especially during CTE Social Media Advocacy Day on February 23
- Show student-produced video PSAs
- Tell us about your 2012 CTE Month national and local events by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Involve legislators and businesses