Encourage your members to spread the word about FBLA to someone who is not a member of your chapter. In recruiting, potential members will repeatedly ask, “What do I get from joining FBLA?” This is an easy question to answer. Our quarter of a million members learn essential skills and knowledge, through competition, holding leadership positions, participating in innovative programs. Review the benefits so that you can explain them to potential members.
How can your chapter get started with September Sweeps?
- Show the September Sweeps video at a chapter meeting so that all of your members are informed about this exciting, new program, which offers members and chapters ideas to recruit new members, and keep them coming back to chapter meetings and activities.
- Next advisers and officers should preview the different requirements and September Sweeps activities. While the end product must be submitted on the interactive form in order to receive national recognition, the preview document is a great reference tool.
- Have chapter members begin working on some of the activities for September Sweeps. As projects are completed, the president or officer assigned will upload the required documentation. Some easy ones to get started on right away include setting membership recruitment and retention goals, creating a membership committee, preparing a flyer of membership benefits, recruiting 5 paid Freshmen members, preparing a recruitment presentation, and producing fact sheet, bulletin board, or display.
- Check out the Blog weekly for motivational activities and new recruitment tips.
- Once you complete a total of ten activities, print the September Sweeps online form and documentation—it is designed to look like a Plan of Action (P.O.A).
- Advisers should then submit the chapter’s entry and print the chapter certificate of recognition.
- Attend one of the three NFLCs to receive the president pin and delegate ribbons.
Good luck, FBLA members and advisers, and together, we will Ignite Innovation!