SEPTEMBER SWEEPS IS HERE!
Take advantage of this new recruitment program, which is sponsored by your FBLA National Officer Team.
All members from chapters that complete the September Sweeps program and attend one of the three National Fall Leadership Conferences (NFLCs) will receive special conference ribbons to wear on their name badge. Chapter presidents will receive a special membership award pin. You can also help your state earn national honors and top the September Sweeps Leaderboard on the National Web site (www.fbla-pbl.org).
Has your chapter gotten started yet?
Here ten simple steps to follow:
- Sign up for September Sweeps.
- Next advisers should meet with officers to preview the different requirements and September Sweeps activities and decide which activities your chapter will participate in.
- Plan how your officers will inform your returning members about this new program so they can get not only help spread the word about FBLA, but also get prospective members active in the different activities throughout the month. By involving these students, they will become interested in FBLA, and the many different opportunities that our organization offers its members. This will not only help with your recruitment efforts, but with member retention as well.
- Schedule a chapter meeting for returning members. Play the September Sweeps Video.
- Advisers should log into the Advisers Area, click on September Sweeps and follow the instructions to activate the project. An e-mail will be sent to the adviser with the log in information for the student manager. (Advisers may appoint someone to manage this – in most instances it would be the chapter president or another officer). Either the student manager or the adviser may select and complete the activities.
- Have chapter members begin working on some of the activities for September Sweeps. Make sure they involve new and prospective members in fun activities that are part of this program such as the “Bring-a -Friend” meeting featuring icebreakers and refreshments; an informational meeting just for prospective member, or a special FBLA activity or outing.
- Check out the recruitment section of the Web site for examples of brochures and presentations that will help you as you complete many of these activities.
- As projects are completed, the student manager will complete the interactive form and upload the required documentation. Once your chapter completes a total of ten activities, the student manager will inform his or her adviser so that he or she can submit the form. Then either the adviser or the student will print the September Sweeps online form and documentation. This form, which looks like a Plan of Action, will be a guideline for your chapter when you prepare other projects and activities throughout the year.
- Your adviser or the student manager may print the chapter certificate of recognition once the entry has been submitted.
- Attend one of the three NFLCs to receive the president (or student manager) pin and delegate ribbons.Finally, have fun learning more about FBLA–the premier student business organization!
Finally, have fun learning more about FBLA–the premier student business organization!