Hello again members and advisers.
This is Nikitas Kanellakopoulos, your FBLA National President, checking in. This year has started out absolutely wonderfully.
The NEW September Sweeps national program is a huge success, and there are still a few weeks left in September for your chapter to participate and get a jump start on the new membership year. Check out the preview activities and sign up now!
Here are five tips to help you increase activity and membership in your chapter:
1. Publicize the benefits of being an FBLA member. Did you know that all FBLA members get a discount at Men’s Wearhouse? That is just one of the many membership discounts available.
2. If you haven’t done so already, review the most recent webinar which is full of recruitment ideas and tips. This is a great resource to show to your officers and members of your recruitment committee. Click here for the webinar.
3. Promote personal stories: the number one way to draw in a new member is by making a personal connection. Sharing your current members’ personal stories about conferences and FBLA in general will promote recruitment.
4. Have member-bonding events: start a Facebook event for a barbeque, FBLA Open house, or a scavenger hunt. Don’t forget to include an FBLA display on the day of your activity. Even if the event is small, it will go a long way for your returning members and for any prospective members.
5. The National Fall Leadership Conferences are just around the corner. Review the NFLC Guide, choose your location now, and promote the personal development and chapter management workshops to your FBLA members! Your National Officers want to see your chapter at the NFLC and your members proudly displaying your September Sweeps ribbons on your conference name badges!
Keep up the great work and stay focused on all that FBLA can offer you and your chapter.